About Home Security - What to Know
As a homeowner, the safety of your loved ones as well as your belongings is top most priority. No matter what type of neighborhood you live in, it is always a good idea to have some home security measures in place so as to avoid unfortunate incidences. Statistics in the United States indicate that home break-ins tend to be the most common crime committed with one happening every 13 seconds. This accounts for about 2 million burglaries annually. The best way to avoid this is to ensure that your home is not considered an easy target by these criminals. So what are some of the things that one should know about home security?
Ensure your locks as well as doors are of high quality
When most people move in, the last thing they consider doing is changing the locks of the house. This is a mistake as you can never be sure of the quality of locks as well as the doors themselves. Investing in deadbolt locks can help a long way in keeping your home safe.
Keep your surroundings well lit
Most burglaries tend to happen during the night when you are either asleep or out of the premises altogether. One way of avoiding this would be investing in exterior lighting. You could also take it a step further and have motion sensors installed on the perimeter of your home. This way once an intruder tries to get access to your compound, the lights will come on and an alarm can be triggered. If you tend to spend a lot of hours away from your home such as while traveling on business, ensure that your internal lighting has been set on a timer. This way they will come on several times in the night giving the illusion that the home is occupied.
Get a wireless security system
When it comes to learning about home security systems, you will find that wireless technology is one of the best ways of protecting your home. The wireless systems use radio frequency signals. Most of the new systems are even compatible with cellular use thus; you can get alerts right on your mobile phone.
Put up yard signs
One of the things most homeowners do not consider when it comes to securing their home is yard signs and security stickers. Statistics have shown that homes with these signs are targeted by burglars much less than the houses without. The security stickers will alert all passersby that your home has been secured with an electronic system. This will deter most criminals, as they will decide it is probably not worth the fuss of possibly triggering the alarm system
This is one of the most underestimated methods of protecting one's home when it comes to learning about home security. It is not a good idea to undervalue the advantages of being a good neighbor. With neighborhood watch, you and your fellow neighbors rally together to ensure the protection of each other’s homes is a responsibility everyone will bear. Simple things such as having a team in place that will conduct patrols around the neighborhood or simply keeping an eye out for suspicious behavior can ensure that your neighborhood is not targeted
There are numerous other ways that one can indulge in home security. The main thing to keep in mind is that you would rather be prepared than be a hapless victim of a crime that could have been avoided. Break-ins do not only lead to loss of one's valuables, but can also lead to fatal injuries or loss of life.
Category: Security - Home
- Home Security Gates Great Looking and Increased Safety
- Some Simple Ways to Help Prevent A Home Burglary
- The Ideal Home Security System For You
- How to meditate
- How to write a cover letter
- What to do on a first date
- What is the meaning of life
- How to get a passport
- Mind Balance Free Education Platform
- How to become more communicative
- How to become more stress tolerant
- How to become more courageous
- How to become more analytical
- Unlocking Happiness and Success- Effective Positive Thinking Techniques
- Building a Positive Attitude - Strategies for a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
- Overcoming Negative Thoughts - Strategies for a Positive Mindset
- Boosting Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem - Your Path to Empowerment
- Stress Management Strategies-Your Roadmap to a Calmer and Healthier Life
- Mind Balance - for those who dare to redefine their limits
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- 50 ways to be more like Jesus in everyday life
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Three Sentences from a Billionaire That Changed My Life and Made Me Millions