Many homeowners have the daunting task of maintaining a lawn, and they have to decide if they want to do the manual labor themselves, or decide what they are willing to pay for lawn treatment services. According to American Green: the Obsessive Quest for the Perfect Lawn, Americans spend an estimated $40 billion caring for their lawns every year. That averages out to over $300 a year per home.
Boise ID Landscaper- Jean's Landscaping (208) 870-3494
A great way to find the best lawn treatment services in your area is to ask friends and family who they are using, and what lawn treatment services they are receiving from that company. Lawn treatment costs will vary between the neighbors, and the many services that a lawn care company will offer their clients, and so your cost will most likely vary from your friends' costs.
When choosing a lawn care company, it's important to find the best lawn treatment company, but also at the best value for your hard-earned money. There are a few questions that you should ask before you hire a lawn treatment professional to make sure they are the right fit for your lawn maintenance needs, including:
- Are you a licensed company? (Do not hire a company that is not licensed! It is required by almost every state for lawn service companies to be licensed.)
- Will the pesticides you apply to my lawn be EPA approved?
- Will the chemicals applied to my lawn be safe for my pets? (A very important question if you have pets that go outside from time to time.)
- Do you offer any organic treatments?
- Do you have any treatments for grub and other soil infestations?
- Is your company a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- Are you affiliated with a professional lawn service organization?
- What days and times are you available to work on my lawn? (Depending on if you want to be home or not while they are there)
- Will the same people always be the ones working on my lawn, or will they change each time?
- Can you give me an estimate on what your services cost?
At the most basic level of service, such as just mowing your lawn once or twice a month, a lawn treatment company should charge you a price per month, but this charge can depends on the climate and the lawn size. You can also add other lawn treatment services that may be offered by a company include fertilizing, laying grass seed, pest control, soil aerating, hedging, weeding, and other chemical programs to enhance the appearance and health of your lawn. The more services you sign up for, the greater your lawn treatment costs will be. The easiest way to find out how much your lawn maintenance could cost is by requesting free online quotes from local companies in your area. Most reputable companies will always give you a free estimate of their services, before you buy or sign a service contract. If they ask you to pay a fee for your quote, you should know that there is no need to do so - just hang up the phone and call another local provider.
The best lawn treatment services will come up with a year-long implementation plan to ensure that your lawn is always looking its best. This plan could entail grass seeding and fertilizing in the spring; mowing service, weed treatments, and shrub hedging in the summer and lawn maintenance and debris removal in the fall. Most companies can also offer services for other parts of your lawn, such as landscape design, landscape maintenance, weeding, planting shrubs and trees, and trimming decorative shrubs, trees, and grasses.